After that, I didn't want to go all the way home because it was already about 4pm and I was meeting up with a friend at 7:30 not to far from where I was. I took a huuuge walk around the heart of the city, snapping pictures of buildings here and there for a project I have to do for my Arte Argentino class.
A while later, I found myself holed up in a bookstore... missing the ease of being able to call up whoever I wanted to come and spend some time with me when I realized that I wasn't to far from a friend's house and therefore I decided to do just that: I called him up and asked him what he was doing. He responded and wasn't doing anything and invited me over to my pleasant surprise:) I went and he fed me salad and we played cards for a few hours. It was so random but completely great.. haha!
Then it was time to meet up with my friend for dinner. I don't know if I've blogged about her before, but I met Maru about 6 or 7 months ago in the 8am prayer class of my final session of the semester. I obliviously sat next to her on the very first day of class. Towards the end of class, our professor told us to turn the person next to us and pray with them about anything. I could tell she had an accent right away but I was still floored when she requested I pray for here time here, in the states as she studies abroad here for about 4 months from Buenos Aires. If that isn't proof that God's lookin' out for us, I don't know what is! That remains to this day one of the coolest experiences of my lifeee. We became fast friends during the session she studied at Grace. We ate lunch together often, attended chapel together on occasion, and even saw a play together. Since I've been down here, this was our second time reuniting... but we've both been so busy. It's really cool and all how randomly God has brought us together and the timing of our studies in each other's countries, but what's even crazier is how fantastically we get along! I feel like I've known her a lot longer than these few months... that's always the best feeling!!
And where she took me to eat, it's one of the most beautiful parts of the city. It's called Puerto Madero and it's right by the river and it's a port and there's lots of boats and pretty lights at night!
Stick it in google translate to get the loose meaning of it, it's worth it. I'm feeling so blessed right about now with an absolutely beautiful experience here in Buenos Aires. I tweeted tonight that today is one of those days where I'm kind of dreading the day I have to return to the US instead of anticipating it. I just wanna break free and soak up every single moment I have ahead of me here - pray for me for that if you think of it?<3>3>disfruta mucho el tiempo que te queda acá y segui saliendo y conociendo lugares, gente, y haciendo cosas locas para no arrepentirte de nada cuando vuelvas. disfruta sin importar lo que hagan los demás. vos disfrutaaaaaaaaaaaaa y reite de todo, es lo mejor
chauuu for nowwww





No comments:
Post a Comment