The last time I blogged things were going greeeeeat! I had high spirits & was doing splendidly here in Buenos Aires. However, the rest of september was not as good as the beginning.... Granted, the second week of september was pretty good as well. I really took my friends advice and hung out with a lot of different people and I went to 2 different birthday parties that weekend and that saturday night I stayed out til... like 4:30am;)
Then, the following day, I got sick. Like fever, horrible cough, achey and sore muscles and body, stuffy nose, sore throat. I had it bad... I'm stillll on the med from it but I am SO much better than I was that week. I felt like death. On top of that? It was midterms week. I couldn't miss school because I had exams every day. Actually, I had exams every day but wednesday and I did end up choosing to miss that one. It was horrible, I did my best to study but ended up sleeping most of the time.. I don't know if I've ever slept so much in my whole time here in Buenos Aires! That made one of my midterms turn out HORRIBLY. But also because it was a crazy, remember-every-name, remember-every-date, stuff-he-didn't-tell-us-to-study midterm. That sucked.
On top of that, I'm not really craving to do much here in good old Buenos Aires anymore. In the beginning there was so much to see & explore. Now, there's only like 10 things left on the list I made of all the things to do. AND, this place, I feel like all we do is go to a park and hang out or go to an ice cream place and hang out or sit in the school library and hang out. I'm tired of doing nothing-somethings. I'm getting ready to be homeee! Sorry this is such a ranty-blog so far, haha...
BUT, this past weekend I went to my friend's house (that studied abroad in the states) and spent the night with her and we made empanadas and it was a grand old time!! And, it'll get better once I get better and feel like doing more things again;) Life is full of hills and valleys, it's okay. I've got to make october AMAZING because it's my last little bit of life here! I'll leave you with some pictures of the few adventures I did take the past few weeks & I'll explain in the caption:)
 |
This is the planetarium, pretty cool at night! Annie (another student like me), Ivan (argentine), & I |
 |
| Annie & I eating at our favorite BA joint, "Las Cabritas" |
 |
This is Belen and David and they are two of my favorite Argentines! Love hanging with them! |
 |
This is from when I stayed with my friend Maru! We made empanadas, classic argentine food! |
 |
I took a tour of the inside of "La Casa Rosada" which is basically their white house! This is the equivalent of the oval office! |
 |
| La Casa Rosada! |
 |
| Me in the japanese garden of Buenos Aires |
 |
| Super pretty garden:) |
No comments:
Post a Comment