9/8/12

weekend of adventures

Last weekend was incredible! We went on several adventures, and better yet, many adventures with Argentines! Let's see, last Thursday a couple of us went to Teatro Colon (the Colon Theater) to see an opera! I've never seen an opera. Back when my mom was here we went on a tour of it. It's the 3rd best opera house in the world. It has an auditory quality so that every seat in the theater can hear as well as possible. We saw the opera "I Due Figaro". It was in Italian, but it had Spanish subtitles. Ummm, and wowww Spanish and Italian are really similar languages, I could recognize like 40% of what was said, but it had different pronunciations or was slightly altered to the version of the world I know in Spanish. Or shall I say, Spanish slightly altered the Italian word? I don't know which language was first... hahaha. Anyway, it was a really cool experience! I took a couple videos, maybe I'll post one later.


The next day a few of us when to the park and played cards and drank mate. SUCH an argentine experience haha. Everyone here goes to parks on the weekends! There's hundreds of groups of 2-7 friends on mounds in every corner of the city with grass, haha. It was a really random group of us who went, but I enjoyed it:) Then we went to the University for an "international night". It was kind of strange, kind of cool, and kind of lame, but worth experiencing I think. Then we made our way to bible study and headed home. 

The next day a group of us went to this sort of fair type thing held annually in the city called "Technopolis". Basically, it's the businesses of Argentina trying to convince people to buy their products by setting up huge/educational/promotional booth-story places for people to come and see. There was a dinosaur one. There was one put up by a gas station that I didn't go in. There was one with math games that we spent practically all our time at. And there was one put on by this Argentine kids show. It was fun! Then we went out to dinner and after to ice cream and after to a movie. Saturday night well spent I'd say:)



Then that sunday, we made our way to a friend from the University's house and made soft pretzels! It was really fun to cook in a kitchen that was nobody's "host family's" (cause that's always kind of awkward). And to eat american food! And to play cards! And to just relax together! :) Then we arrived really late to church like a bunch of sinners...

The time goes so fast when I fill it with such fun adventures:) Hasta luegooo

No comments:

Post a Comment