Yeah, it was awesome. First of all, we ate a LOT of good food. Not just a lot as in, many different restaurants, but we ate a lot AT the restaurants. A few of the highlights include Mark's Feed Store, Calhouns, Zaxby's, W.W. Cousin's, and there were soooo many more good eatin's :) Besides the food, and much more importantly than the food, it was a time of fellowship! Fellowship with people my age. And maaan, that meant a LOT! Getting some time with people who are in the same walk of life as me, without feeling obliged or worried about who looked uncomfortable and needed acceptance. We all knew each other. We all accepted each other. It was a vacation from the norm. I could check-out for a week, not from everything mind you, but from my responsibilities as a senior leader... kind of. So, it was a refresher, a recharge of the batteries if you will. And then, there was my favorite part of the trip, getting to take a look into the future. We visited several college ministries throughout the course of the week, we toured a couple college campuses, we looked at our past and what affect that had on our current dreams for the future. It was exhilarating. And I know that's all right around the corner. I felt at home there. And it was kind of funny, because when I got home, I didn't feel at home here. It's just the desire of my heart is elsewhere. Today, I was talking with a fellow senior, and he described it as a restlessness. A restlessness within my soul. The knowledge that this isn't it. There's the next step. And God has been continually preparing my heart for it...my entire life! I feel more at peace now with my restlessness, if that makes any sense. Like, I was recharged, and now I'm back and ready to finish strong! I found this song quote the other night that describes my heart exactly:
"Spirit now dwelling within me,
keep my eyes fixed ever on Jesus' face
let not the things of this world ever sway me
I'll run til I finish the race"
Amen.
keep my eyes fixed ever on Jesus' face
let not the things of this world ever sway me
I'll run til I finish the race"
No comments:
Post a Comment