11/23/09

college application essay

Okay, so I've written many essays in my life. But none am I more proud of than my college application essay to Grove City College. The prompt was

What experiences and/or relationships have helped to develop your moral values:

In my life, I know that everything has been provided by God to build my character. Each experience He brings me through and every person He’s placed into my life has taken me to where I am now.

The most impacting event of my life was the mission trip I took to Panama. This trip deepened my faith unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. It taught me what real serving looked like and gave a whole new meaning to Colossians 3:23. I experienced first hand the need of the world and realized Christ’s calling for me was to meet that need. But most importantly, it broadened my horizons by taking me out of my comfort zone and helping me to learn that when I surrender myself to God, submit to His Will, He leads me to a place, as He did in Panama, where He shows me how to be His servant to His people.

My mom gave me the name Danielle which means, “God is my judge”, and that’s exactly what she has taught me throughout my lifetime: who I am and what I’m worth is according to God and no one else. She is a single parent, and her example of strength and reliance on God has left a huge impression on my life. She has always taken on every situation on with a Godly manner, no matter the obstacles; she inspires me to persevere.

God has built His character in me through many struggles as well. I’ve faced the effects of divorce, financial struggles, public school, bad relationships, and even death of those whom I love. But it has all made me more a more compassionate person. I want to be the love, the security, the friend, and the strength that I’ve had to live without, because that’s what Jesus is to me.

God has taught me: how to be hardworking. What my passions are and how to accomplish them. Who I am through revealing who He is. He has taught me how to persevere through times of tribulation. And with these values, I long to glorify God with my life.



And to that I say," YEP, that's me!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment