11/10/09

what's new..

top ten new things in my life
1. I'm 18 as of November 2nd 2009. I can't believe it!! I'm legally an adult. I can call those 1-800 numbers, buy lottery tickets, go to big kid jail, all sorts of new doors were opened.
2. Speaking of new doors being opened, I'm applying for a couple jobs working with special needs children! The legal age required to provide childcare one on one (like nannying) for special needs kids is 18, and a lot of the opportunities look promising. I am so excited to see where this leads me!
2. Winter's rolling in, even though the past couple days have felt like SUMMER (no joke)! I love winter. I've been busy, busy, busy with chores putting the summer stuff away and getting the winter stuff out.
3. But that's not all that's kept me busy. Between what all my friends are doing, final touches on applications, and the winter load of homework setting in, it doesn't feel like there's time for anything anymore!! (especially blogging, if you haven't noticed there's been quite a strong case of blog neglect the past week or so)
4. Speaking of college, I've been on two major college visits in the past month, none of which do I think I mentioned here. I visited Harding University of Searcy, Arkansas and Grove City College of Grove City, Pennsylvania.

I loved GCC, the whole atmosphere of the place was beautiful! I loved the people, the professors, the dorms, everything! While Harding was a little disappointing. It was different, different type of church (church of christ), different region of America, different people, toooo different. I don't think I'm looking for that far out of my comfort zone. But at the same time I'm not exactly desiring in state. Nonetheless, the final college count of places I'm applying to: Grace College, Ball State, Grove City College, Indiana Wesleyan University, Harding University, Lee University, and I'm pretty sure Taylor University.
5. Now, in college, I know I want to major in spanish education, but I really want to study missions too. It's really good to have some peace in that area at least.
6. Now, this weekend at my church is missions weekend. Of which I'm already involved in heavily. I'm going down to Shepard Community Center of Indy on saturday to preform a puppets show with a few members of my church ot a Guatemalan community there. Yeah, this is very exciting to me BECAUSE IT INVOLVES EVERYTHING I'M PASSIONATE IN!!! :) missions, spanish. I've got something major to look forward to! It's just packed in there tight with all my other requirements for the week..
7. This is kind of random, but I think it's a pretty big deal (; I'm dissecting a cat in anatomy! I think it's pretty gross, and I thankfully have a guy lab partner who's into the whole shabang who will do most of it for me, but I mean, it's still interesting..!
8. Also recently, I saw the Hillsong United documentary We're All in This Together. It was amazing. They basically put a movie together stating what they knew and challenging what they new could change and look a little bit more like Jesus. I could be a critic and say that it had some parts that could be better, but all in all I really did enjoy the movie. It really made me think about what love really is versus what I and the church have just made it to be. What serving really looked like according to Jesus and not according to tradition, or what's safe, or what's acceptable. I'll throw the trailer on here, so maybe you can get a taste of what I'm saying.

9. As for Jesus and I, we're doing great. I'm in the middle of this book Experiencing God: Youth Edition, and I'm diggin' it! It's the best devotional I've got my hands on in a long time! So far I've found it really enlightening, and it's sort of spiced things up in my quiet time! For me, quiet time gets old. fast. So, I'm really thankful God's placed something in my life that actually makes me look forward to each night before I lay my head down on my pillow :)
10. Also, as for senior year and all of the enlightening, pruning, painful, patience-necessary, growing things that are happening. I've learned that senior year is a lot more about developing my personal relationship with Jesus than really reaching out and living life along my friends and helping eachother grow up to Him. Because, the more time goes one, the less time me and my friends really get with one another, the more different places we get to, the more God teaches us to let go of others and really look to Him. Because next year (especially near the beginning) I'm gonna need it! And especially if I go out of state! It's gonna be me and God against the world. I'm not going to have a comfort zone. And that's exactly why He's taking me out of the semblance of a comfort zone I had this year. Now just to find the balance between leading a little, letting go little by little, finding time for myself a little, giving of myself little by little, putting up with the immaturity and disrespect a little, knowing when I just need to get away or put my foot down when people need to hear the hard truth, righteousness vs. mercy, leading vs. letting go, giving vs. receiving from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment