4/19/09

yknow, God's perfect peace and stuff..

So, I have to admit: I was NOT as calm as the previous blog entry let on about starting my new job. I was freaking out! Not only about my job, but about the busy, busy weekend I had ahead of me! Let's start at the beginning:

Friday, I went to school, like any other normal morning. Then, after school, I booked it to L&M to work. Being the first day I was anxious. Like I don't think I've experienced this kind of anxiety in a while.. it was intense. I couldn't even sleep thursday night. But, work turned out to be great! Other than not exactly knowing what I was doing yet and being a little nervous about that, it went very well. Then, after that, I went to GO! to the Knight of Mayhem! It was this junior high night of medieval-themed craziness. Let's just say there was jousting on tricycles using those foam pool noodles...yeah! Crazy, right?! And after that I showered and watched The Office for a quick laugh and wind-down-ing and then I went to bed. Okay, on paper, Friday doesn't sound that bad, but living it? PHEW!

Saturday, I woke up at 7 and left by 7:30 to get to my job at 8. I got there at like 7:45, I over-estimated traffic I guess. But it was saturday morning at like the crack of dawn..soo.. haha. Then, I got to really experience my job. Like, I'll put it this way: Friday, working 4 hours, was like a little tester spoon of ice cream compared to Saturday, working 10.5 hours, was like a triple dip icecream cone. What suprised me is how FAST it went! And how much I liked it! It was so chill. So chill. Like, McDonalds compared to L&M on a chill level...I'll put it this way: Mickey D's was like metallica music blaring while an evil lady named Roxanne enslaved you (true name, that was my boss, she was um, harsh to say the least) but, L&M is like bob marley playing softly with a wonderful, Godly man named Lloyd sternly guides you. It's wonderful. I totally freaked out for nothing. It was still hard, and like I'm sore, carrying a watering can around all day will leave you that way, but still. I LOVE it! But, then, after that, my youth group met at the movie theater that's at the same mall as my place of work, so I just chilled for half an hour after I got off and met them there to see State of Play. That movie.. I give it a B. Maybe a B-. It's worth seeing but it's not all that great. It's intense and unpredictable! I'll give it that! And Ben Affleck is nice to look at for two hours or so.. I mean what can I say.. But the plot is less than amazing and I don't know, the ending just kind of left me unsatisfied. It's almost like they tried to throw too many twists and turns in there. Then, I went to set-up.

Today, was awesome. It's not even over yet! It's 2:41pm as I'm writing this! But, anyways, this morning I woke up and went to pick up this new friend of mine to take her to church. She was getting baptised at church on this Sunday! Her dad, after much debate and indecisiveness, decided to come and support her, and ahh, it was just a great morning. We ended up meeting her dad, and going into service together. Service was awesome. Exactly what I think everyone needed this morning. It was all about taking up our crosses and following God. I kind of felt God saying to me, "Look, Danielle, I knooow you're so busy. And I know you're running around like a chicken with your head cut off. It's a part of my plan. Here's some peace: It's just the cross you're bearing right now. I know you can handle everything, so that's why I'm giving you this load. Like a wise friend once told you 'God either lightens your burden or makes your back stronger'. I'm the God of everything. You really don't trust me to take care of you just because you're ridiculously busy? You were wrong! As always. Haha. Just kidding, sarcasm, Danielle. But, you know what? I'm going to give you my perfect peace. There you go! Isn't it perfect?" And then I sort of got that feeling when you pee in a pool and you're just enveloped in warmth and it's kind of a tingly feeling. And now, I don't think I have an ounce of anxietly left in me! (Okay, maybe God didn't really laugh at me, but that's pretty much how it went.)

Now, my friend's baptism? Amazing. I don't think I've ever felt so glad for the salvation of another person! That may sound..not so good, but it's probably true, I mean most of the people around me ARE saved, so this was a BIG deal. I cried. I was proud. I hugged. I think, perhaps, I got a little taste of how God feels. Like I got SO much joy out of watching her get baptised. More joy than I got after God took away my anxiety earlier that morning, more joy than I've gotten out of my job, more joy than I've felt in a long time! Lots and lots of joy! Like, my heart ached for her. And I'm pretty sure that God's heart aches for us. No, I'm positive, that last sentence was sarcasm, there's a verse somewhere for it, I'm sure. My heart still aches looking back at it, I'm getting a little teary eyed. It was such a big deal. She's saved now! SAVED! Forever. From everything. Praise God.

Incredible God, great day, good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment