4/16/09

workin'

So, tomorrow, friday, I start WORKING! I'm working at L&M, a sort of greenhouse that sells flowers. I'm super excited! It's a seasonal job, but I'll be working alllll the time for the next two months! I have a great boss, who's also an elder at my church, and I get to work with one of my best friends! But, I'm going to work hard. I'm excited.

My last job, I worked at McDonalds. It was...an experience, to say the least. I worked there last year around this time from probably february to the end of june (2008). Man, do I have some stories from that place!

There was Richard. He was the custodian, but every so often he would do fries. And so one day, he pulled me over and...oh gosh. He pointed out the window and said, "Hey, do you see those pigeons over there?" and I shook my head yes, "They're a little family. And when I'm gone, I want you to feed them." and then he went over the the fries and grabbed a couple and threw them out the window onto the parking lot to them. "See? Like that." he said. And then, he said, "Now, I've been watching you, and I've chosen you because I feel like I can trust you to do this." And then my jaw dropped onto the floor, and I stiffled laughter as I agreed to do it.

It was the experience of a lifetime! But that many months was enough. I'm ready to work at L&M. Wish me luck! I'll tell you how it goes =]

No comments:

Post a Comment