12/19/12

home.

I feel like I've been avoiding writing this blog. I got home on November 10th, so it's been over a month. It's been fast and slow at the same time. I've like, gotten a lot done but at the same time it's been sooooo boring.

I look back at my time abroad & I'm still just like "woah." You know when you go have some really cool trip with a certain group of friends or something that you don't normally hang out with and then you go back to your normal life and none of the people around you experienced it and so it feels so weird and you feel disconnected and odd? YEAH, MULTIPLY THAT BY A MILLION. Cause this wasn't a trip, this was 6 months of my life. Sometimes it feels like it didn't even really happen.

I am in such a crazy-transitional period right now! I haven't been home for more than a week since Christmas break of 2011.... it's Christmas break of 2012??! (Granted I got home way before, so it wasn't quite a year, but um, wow! right?) So I was up at college & then I went straight to Buenos Aires & then I was home again... for 2 months.... while everyone else was at college still. To be honest the first, like, week, was GREAT. It felt so great to be home! But, if you know meee, I can't stand still this long. I need a million people to do a million different things with:( I miss that part about the city so much. There was always so much to do and always someone to do it with.

Speaking of missing Buenos Aires.... there are things I definitely miss. And things I will never miss. I miss the city-aspect of life. SO. MUCH. I grew to kind of love public transportation. I love the city at night. I love the lights and hustle-and-bustle of it all. I miss the cool people I met. I truly left part of my heart in Buenos Aires. I miss spanish! I miss the challenge of the day-to-day. Life is so easy here. It's monotonous. There's nothing adventurous about this place I was born and raised (especially when I've been so aloneee). BUUUT, okay, I love 'merica. I love my car too. I can be out late and feel safe here. I love dryers. I love shopping here (everything is crazy expensive there, clothing-wise). I love speaking english so easily... And man, I missed the comfort of my home! There's just no place like it!

Here's some pictures of my arrivalllll:)

 I got off the plane to see the flags! made me tear up a bit


MY AWESOME FRIENDS WHO PICKED ME UP :D

sunset of my first day - missed these! (never saw them cause of the sky-scrapers in BA)

I'll update soon about what's next, cause it's exciting! Hope I didn't come across too depressed or anything in this post, it's just been such an adjustment coming back. It's odd, I don't even know how to describe it. SO BITTERSWEET. I am definitely so grateful for this experience. It's amazing how God provided the finances and how He opened my eyes to so much being in a different culture. Also, I'm beast at spanish now! Haha, that was the point and all, but seriously, being back has made me realize how crazy-good I am at speaking it;) (Cause I left BA still kind of feeling like an idiot haha). Everyone here is really impressed. What a nice confidence boost! Thank you to everyone back home who supported me throughout this. Thanks for tuning in to blog posts and tweets taking interest in what has been my life. I've so enjoyed sharing with you all and I LOVE TALKING ABOUT IT. I'd love to talk your arm off about it if you let me, seriously, hit me uppp.

No comments:

Post a Comment