So, 3.5 days or 92.5 hours or 5,550 minutes until I will officially be leaving for Arrhentina. I don't really have that much to update you on except that THE COUNTDOWN ENSUES.... but not for much longerr.
I just got back from college yesterday and it feels so weird because I FEEL like I have a whole summer of academiclessness & rest & adventure, but I don't! I'm going to have a super challenging summer of language academics & probable busyness & and adventure! Hey, at least one of those things is consistent;) Anyway, I have my whole car to unpack and then I'll need to start repacking! I have a few friend gatherings. Aaaand that's about it. It feels so surreal.
One more thing I can update you on: I officially have a teacher to student teach with next spring. I'm super excited because I know her and have been working with her in my methods class all this past semester. I've even taught a few lessons in her class! I feel so comfortable with her and I really admire her as a teacher and mentor! It feels great to have that set up for when I get back :)
Back to the whole living-in-Argentina-for-6-months thing, one major thing I've been praying about is that I would really embrace the newness of it. You know how when something's new, you have that feeling of uncomfortable-ness? You just want to be in a routine and you want that familiarity that comes with knowing what you're doing. Yeah, I've been praying that God would help me find contentment in the newness. Because looking back, the new is always the most exciting and stretching. It's when you get into the routine that it starts getting boring and I feel like it's then when I look back and long for newness. I really want to focus on being proactive and really discovering everything there is to discover in Buenos Aires. When I run out of new, I want to find new-new to figure out;)
PROB NEXT TIME I WRITE I WILL BE DOWN THERE, IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE!
Prayers for safe travel and good first impressions and that I wouldn't forget anything while packing appreciated :)
No comments:
Post a Comment