So, two days ago, monday May 20th I left for Argentina. I woke up relatively early and my mom drove me to the airport in Chicago. Then, I was just worried about making it through the airports okay! It was one big day of travel, I'll tell you that! My flight left at 3:00ish and got to Miami about 3 hours later. In Miami, I found the gate that my next flight departed from easily... but on my way there I totally accidentally exited security. QUE UNA BOBA SOY!! So, instead of a good hour to walk to my flight I only had like 20 minutes. I wasn't sure if I'd get dinner on the flight so I bought a quick sandwich and boarded the plane. I flew with an Argentine airline called "LAN" and it was SO nice! Not gonna lie though, I got on the plane and had that gut-sinking holy-crap-I'm-really-doing-this-am-I-making-a-gigantic-mistake moment. I had to hold back some lagrimas; it's just an overwhelming experience, ya know?
The flight was LOOOOONG. 9 hours is a LONG time on a plane, I slept for probably an hour total. Getting off the plane was a daze. I got my temporary visa and did all that stuff easily. I was anxious for nothing;). Then I rode to my host family's house. My host family consists of: Ana Maria (la madre), su esposo Carlos, su hijo Pablo, y Tyler the other study abroad student. WOAH SPANGLISH, I'm not even gonna correct it tehehe. I talked with Ana & Tyler - her husband and son are gone at work all day. I unpacked and took a nice long nap. Then, when I had time to myself hay unas lagrimas. I was overwhelmed and anxious and excited and tired it was just made my brain all swirly and emotional. I felt better once I woke up, especially because another one of the guys studying here brought me a starbucks coffee:) Que un bendición! Cameron(mi amigo con starbucks), Tyler, and I then sat and talked about many things and later, Cameron left. Dinner here is very late, at around 9-10pm. I ate with Ana, Tyler, Carlos, and Pedro, we talked, and then I went to bed:) Today, Tyler went with me to get some pesos and mi tarjeta para el subte (a card I will use for the bus & subway). Está un gran bendición tener un amigo que saber como hacer cosas aqui (translate it, yo)!! I'm feeling much better now about this adventure. There is soooo much to learn and experience! I'm sure there will be times of homesickness and bad days, but that sinking feeling has vanished. I feel confident that this is right & I feel comfort that God is with me always. I read Phillipians 4:11-13 last night at the recommendation of of Cameron.. maybe that will be my verse for the next 6 months?(; I thank all of you who have been supporting me and praying for me, it is soooo appreciated! I don't think all of you understand how much it means when I get a text or a fb post or like :).
Some things that have surprised me here: On stoplights here, there's a yellow light to indicate that it's about to turn green! Today when I went to the bank, there was a woman who was carrying her dog with her, in the bank! hah! People down here don't really use dryers...they hang clothes up to dry, and I will too! There are STARBUCKS & THERE'S ONE ON MY BLOCK!!!! Ahh, culture shock<3
ANNOUNCEMENT, if I haven't already told you, I can receive texts for free! & I can text you using imessage when I have wifi! so please, text me about your life or fb message me or whatever :)
AHHH, BUENOS AIRES, QUE LINDA<3
No comments:
Post a Comment