4/18/12

IT'S APRILLLLL

Phew. A thought crossed my mind the other day... I feel like I'm finally, like fully embracing life again. It feels like I'm finally living in the present, my present. It feels like this is my life again for the first time really since high school. Does that make any sense? Like all of last year and even quite a bit of first semester everything was so new & my two worlds were so separate. There was super boring, awkward, unfamiliar Grace College and there was home sweet home sweet Nobcity. And while I've evaluated that the world of Grace College isn't exactly my favorite place of all time, Noblesville isn't exactly my home anymore either. I'm finding my home in the in between... the rootlessness. I'm finding my home in the network of people God has blessed me with. The good gracies, purdue friends, high school friends. Instead of feeling my heart ripping apart I've been proactively embracing it. I can't even explain what a blast the past month has been. The rest of spring break was a blast and a half. The next weekend I went on another purdue visit.... ;) Then I had a rather boring weekend. But after that I went on easter break and visited purdue yet again. I returned to school and the weekend after spring break, THIS LAST WEEKEND, was THE BEST of this year for sure, maybe one of the best of my life!

I roadtripped to a friend's house in Michigan and on friday night we took a pizza to the beach on lake Michi for dinner. We heard random worship music down the beach & joined the people and praised God! It was so beautiful<3 Saturday we went shopping and prepared for saturday night.... MORP: a giant blacklight dance party! It was SO. FUN. I love dances(: The next day I went to purdue to go to Indy with friends. We went up in the monument (which I have never done even though I've been so close to Indy my whole life) and we went shopping. Then we traveled up to Muncie and went to a Rocket Summer/Switchfoot concert. I adore the Rocket Summer. They've been one of my favorites for yearrrsss!! I got to meet Bryce Avary and his wife! Also, nbd but his wife invited me to a private concert of his.... she put me on the guest list. IT WAS THE COOLEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME!!!!! I almost cried I was so thrilled:D Then, afterwards I went to a Jon Foreman aftershow. I was serenaded acoustically like 4 feet from him. It was incredibleee. I can't even express it! Then we drove back to purdue and had one of the greatest laughing sessions ever!!!!!! Although everything had been so amazing that day, that car ride ranks right up there with everything else:)

This week has been full of little blessings as well. I only have one month here and I intend on making it count. I got to skype with the family I'm going to be living with in Buenos Aires actually as I was writing this post! I am so excited for this adventure, it's going to be INSANE. City life, diff language, diff everything! I am so blessed. God is lookin' out for me right now. Oh, and tomorrow I'm interviewing to student teach Spring of 2013. I should prob get to bed for that... #LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment