Where has this semester gone? Seriously! This session (because my college is doing the whole "quarters" thing now, but we call them sessions) flew by. It hasn't been the most challenging academically, which is just swell! It's given me lots of time for adventures! Oh, and 3 jobs. I had psychology, astronomy, and an independent study in methods of teaching in secondary education. I'm working an hour a day at the daycare literally RIGHT across from my dorm to cover for lunches, I'm an office assistant for my Spanish professor which basically means I just grade lots of papers, and I still babysit nearly every weekend. Aaaaand it's still left me with some free time every so often :). So, I did regular fun stuff work, go to basketball games - pep band, do homework (of courseee), and hang out with my BBBS little sis. Beyond that? I've gone on adventures! I don't know if I've ever been so busy with going places! It's craaay. Let's see, right when I got back to college after Christmas break I went to Chicago - refer to the previous post for pictures and excited sentiments from that trip. Two weekends after that I went to Grand Rapids to visit my friend, with a friend. The next weekend I went to Fort Wayne with my roomie for her birthday and got Indian food for the first time. IT WAS SO DELISH. And to think, I used to be so closed minded when it came to food (; The next weekend I took some friends home for the weekend and we shopped til we dropped and partied around Indy... and by partied I mean being ridiculous and listening to music simultaneously. Two weekends after that I went to West Lafayette to visit my Purdue friends. Haha, and get this, I got back on Sunday from Purdue only to return 3 days later on Wednesday to go to a basketball game. I got free tickets ...you can't pass that up! Then a week later, here back at home on spring break! So far I've been on a few friend dates and had a few group hang out nights. Those are seriously some of my favorite times of all times, group hang outs I mean. More group hang outs/adventures/friend dates to come this week! Phew. It has truly been fantastic. It's helped me suck up my little "I hate my life right now" attitude and live in the moment better... I think. You know, I've just got to learn to enjoy everything and quit trying to just get through whatever stage of life I'm in right now. I need to stop idealizing my past and future. BUTTTT, easier said than done. Because I know, but that doesn't make it any easier to do...
I know I just said I should get my head out of the clouds and live in the moment, but I do think it will be really interesting a few years from now to look back on this time in my life and see what God has taught me through all of this waiting, decision making, adventuring, friendings, etc. It's crazy, and it's certainly not easy, and it's not always enjoyable, but it's good. It's real. It's life. It's so good one minute and so bad the next. I love it and hate it and it's all jumbled up in my head right now and I don't even knowww :)
Um, so that's my life right now, but it won't be my life for long. I have a little over 3 months until I'll be FREAKING LEAVING TO STUDY ABROAD IN BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA. It's going to be 100x harder than my life right now. It's going to be completely different and yet same me and same world and same God. I'm trying to go into this a lot better than I've gone into things in the past: with as little expectations as possible and realizing that it's probably going to suck a lot. That sounds really negative, but I promise I'm just trying to balance out my idealistic instincts (;.
Ugh, I can't believe how old I'm getting. I can't believe that at this time a year and 3 months from now I'll be graduating. college. As much as I don't want to look for a job and move out and be a real life adult, I don't want to stay at Grace College even more. It'll be nuts though, I can't believe it.
LIFE IS NUTS. That's all I got. I love Jesus and He sustains me. End!
p.s. the title of this blog is life+update in one word
p.p.s. I'll add a picture blog of my adventures soon? Should I? And hey, click the smiley face check mark if you read this.
No comments:
Post a Comment