My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understand; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as hidden treasures, then you will understand and fear the Lord and find the knowledge of God. -proverbs2:1-5
You're hopeless, you religion scholars and pharisees, frauds! You're like manicured grave plots, grass clipped and the flowers bright, but six feet down it's all rotting bones and worm-eaten flesh. People look at you and think you're saints, but beneath the skin you're total frauds -matthew23:25-28..the message (um, those religious folk up at Grace College?)
For we don't have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet remains without sin. -hebrews 4:15
For by grace you have been saved, through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God. -ephesians 2:8 (it's not my own doing!)
Paul, a servant of Christ, called to be an apostle, SET APART for the gospel. -romans1:1
Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice -1samuel15:22 (I haven't got this right my whole life!)
And, this is love: that we walk according to His commandments; this is the commandment just as you have heard it from the beginning, so that you should walk in it -2john1:6
For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in Him, but also suffer for His sake. -phillipians1:29 (suffering is simply a part of it.. wow)
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands for My name's sake will recieve a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life. -matthew19:29 (um, I left my house,mother,land,and many sisters and brothers in Christ to follow God's Will for my life. confirmation much??)
then they left the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the Name. -acts5:41 (dang. gut check. I complain when I suffer, and the disciples back then rejoiced...)
and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus -2timothy3:15
in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in Him -ephesians3:12
so I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind but with my flesh I serve the law of sin. -romans7:21-25 (dang, Paul, deep. what a struggle going on in us and within the spiritual realm for our soul!)
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. -romans 12:10 :)!
while we were still sinners, Christ died for us -romans5:8 (I was thinking about this, all the people in the world who reject God... He still died for them, He still took their sin for them, what a waste for them?! They have a ticket to heaven but are throwing it away by not following God.)
bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ -galatians 6:2 UM FAVORITE!
Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house ready for every good work. -2timothy2:20-21 (it's like..our whole life is full of sanctification to make us more and more able to be used by God)
God is my strong fortress, and He makes my way perfect. He makes me as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights. He trains my hands for battle; He strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow. You have given me your shield of victory; Your help has made me great. You have made a wide path for my feet to keep them from slipping. -2samuel22:33-37 (Your help has made me great, AND sometimes it's only great in the eyes of God)
No comments:
Post a Comment