So far in college, there have been SO many amazing opportunities presented to me! And all of them have sounded so amazing, but I can't do it all.. so here are the few things I am going to dedicate my time and service to in order to glorify Him!
Big Brother Big Sister. This has been an organization laid on my heart ever since I had a "Big Sister" myself! I was an only child, with divorced parents, and so my mom put me into the program and I LOVED it! An older person, willing to get to know me? And now, as an older person, I can't wait to make some little girl feel special and loved and to just witness with my life. This is the thing I'm probably most excited about!! I'm going to take her to do fun things and build up trust with her and I really want to make this one of my ministries. AHH, LOVE!
ACT:S. This is a club at grace dedicated to raising awareness for the impoverished, enslaved, deprived, and SO many other characteristics of other places in this world around campus and around the community of the town. There's a website about it here. The first meeting for this was yesterday, sunday, and BOY I'm pumped already! We are organizing a "water walk" with all the proceeds going to charity water. And basically, we will walk to a natural water source and get some water and walk back in order to experience what the Bayaka people experience maybe 3-4 times daily. They have to walk maybe miles for something that they need in order to survive and it's not even pure. They are doing so much work to get something they NEED and it's not even meeting their need. It breaks my heart. It's funny too, because my church was getting involved with something similar as I was leaving and I knew I wouldn't be there to participate, so YAY, Jesus knows and provides for everything!
SAB! Student Activities Board. So, basically there are a bunch of events our college puts on and this is the group that helps organize these events! Like the Phil Wickham concert in December, or homecoming, or Fresh/Soph Desert! I'm so excited to get into this to not only serve my college, but to get to know more people and to serve and love them through being a part of this ministry.
Also, I have a few options for my job that I am praying about. But I plan on being in the band here, and I know I will get paid for that. And I applied for a job called America Reads where I would spend a few hours each day going and reading to children/helping to teach children how to read! And WOW, would I LOVE TO BE A PART OF THIS! It would look good on my resume and I know I would love it. AND (haha, I know, crazy that there's more right?) I'm considering being a part of the Senate, which is a sort of student government, but you get paid and there's more of a time commitment. Haha, so woah! I'm so exited to work and glorify Jesus through my actions and grow in my relationship with Him through these responsibilities :)
I am jumping into college head first. I love my classes so far! Like literally LOVE, there is not a class that I'm not enjoying! Foundations of Education is rocking, Public Speaking is...good for me, Exploring the Bible is AMAZING, Freshman Foundations is early/easy/informative, and Spanish is seriously becoming SUCH a passion! And now I'm adding on some more amazing responsibilities and commitments that I know I'm going to LOVE <3
All the praise goes to Jesus for taking me here to this place, for loving me enough to introduce continual ways to sanctify me, and for giving me a purpose in Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment