8/16/10

just an update :)

You know, I haven't blogged a whole bunch this summer. And I think one of the reasons why is because I haven't really felt like I've learned anything explainable. Well, that and the fact that I've been so busy I've barely had time to keep breathing!

As slow as the summer started out it's turned into a whirlwind of working jobs (lots & lots of jobs), preparing for college, spending time with my family and friends, and well that hasn't left much time for anything else! I am so grateful for the way God has provided for me this summer. I've made about half of what I will need to contribute towards college through earning money & gifts over the summer! I can't explain that in any other way that God. And me being obedient to Him. At the beginning of this summer going to Grace College, a 30,000 school looked near impossible. But I felt the call and kept the faith and worked my butt off so that it became possible, and here I am! Less than 2 weeks away from the first day of the rest of my life :) Haha, that sounds REALLY epic, way more epic than it actually will be... But I can still remember the feeling of helplessness I had, especially one moment. I was in the Walmart parking lot getting much-needed new tires put on my dear car, Gigi. And I was on the phone with my admissions counselor, bawling because a revised financial statement had been sent to me with much less financial aid then the first. It was like I was paying for my car = STRESS & I'd have to start paying for college = STRESS. But, looking back, God has taught me that I AM helpless. I am a terribly helpless, worthless individual, BY MYSELF. But through Him and with FAITH, I will always be taken care of. God cares for the daisies in the field, I'm a FOOL to think he'd do anything less for me (paraphrase of matt. 6:30).

Also I must express to you that this blog is coming to you from my new amazing MacBook Pro! I may have dreamed about receiving one of these, but i never actually expected one! I am blown away by this gift from my family. It's so pretty! And useful! And MINE! And I love it! ...I don't think I'm quite over it yet (;

So, to put in to words what God has been teaching me lately... it's that I shouldn't be anxious. For anything! Because God is in control. And He's always leading me and calling me as long as I continue seeking Him. It's just taken A LOT of problems and situations where I needed to place my trust in Him for me to really realize it.

But, as this summer comes to a close I am filled with so much peace and feel so blessed. I'm content with the passenger seat (okay, I have to gut-check this like every moment of every day, but I'm getting better at it) and my heart is just ready! Ready for wherever He leads!

"where You go I will follow, at the cross I surrender all, Jesus I belong to you" (listen to the song in my last blog)

live carefree before God; He is most careful with you 1peter5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment