...left of high school. Ever. For me, ever! One more day of school from the conventional 7:35AM-2:35PM. One more day of bosco sticks and spicy chicken sandwiches. One more day of blurred, in-motion faces down a locker lined hallway. One more day of avoiding games of tonsil hockey in the corner of those hallways. One more day of locker checks and locker pictures and locker jams. One more day of Spanish with Mr. Slain. One more day of Government with Mr. Hitchcock. One more day of hiding my texting. One more day of taking notes on paper. One more day of celebrating my school spirit. One more day of high-school aimed frustration, learning experiences, leading, loving, heartache, joy, procrastination...all of it!As I look back on these last four years, there's been a lot of good and bad. I've enjoyed and hated every minute of it at the same time. There will definitely be things I will miss and things I will not even remember to miss. There've been a lot of lessons learned and a lot of lessons introduced that I'll struggle with the rest of my life. I've learned who God is, what He does, and how to pursue Him and live a lifestyle of pursuance after Him. I've learned to step-up and lead even when it means I stand alone and persecuted for it. I've learned what things to fight for and what things to let go. I've learned to love purely. I've learned to do your homework in the block before... And you know what? Now, it's just time. It's time for the next phase. I feel this phase's completeness and the yearning for the next phase to begin (haha, I've felt that since like... two Decembers ago) But now, it's like here. And there's just a whole peace that comes with that.
I'm at peace knowing it's over. I'm at peace knowing I never gave up. I'm at peace knowing I persevered. I'm at peace knowing I'm leaving a lot of people behind. I'm at peace knowing I'm going somewhere totally foreign. I'm at peace knowing God has a plan for this new place He's leading me. His peace is just like...BAM! It's done, you're good, and let's move on.
So, sentimental as tomorrow may be, and tears that may come with my final day of high school's completion. I've done it. I'm graduating. And there's no place in life, no stage in life, I'd rather be at than this, right here and now.
No comments:
Post a Comment