10/4/09

living without


So, for the past month or so, I've been living without that precious thing you see at the left of this blog post. I've been living without my phone. Last Christmas, I received probably one of the best presents ever. A Samsung Propel, with a full keyboard, unlimited texting, unlimited picture messaging, and that meant, ahh, unlimited COMMUNICATION :) Yeah, I've had a cell phone since I was 13, and I've had unlimited texting for year, but still, this phone was unlike any other. It was..precious to me. (<- that's a quote from my favorite movie, btw) So, anyways, about a month ago, I dropped it in the local lake and I've been without it since. My mom has lent me her phone since she has two -one for work and one for home- so it's not like I've been without the vital communication that is the cell phone, I've just been without my cellphone. And it's been quite annoying honestly! First it was annoying because all the stuff that I'd acquired with that phone..the hundred numbers or so, the rintones, the pictures, the guitarhero III game I'd completely mastered..all were gone! But after that sentimental sadness was gone, it was annoying to continuously have people come up to me and ask why I didn't text them back, and then I'd have to continuously retell my phone-dropping story, and ugh, it was just frustrating! But then I got to thinking, and really, how important is a cellphone? How materialistic does that make me to be so affected that I no longer have a piece of technology that makes communicating really convenient? And that's really all it is, it's for communication, it's not vital to survival. It's hit me hard that I rely on my materials way too much. God's taught me that He needs to be put before all other people, and now He's teaching me that He needs to be put before all my possessions too. God never gives up on us, and we never run out of sins to commit, and God never stops forgiving us and purifying us of our sinfulness. So, thank you God. Thank you for taking away yet another thing so that I can fall even further in love with You, without any distractions to hold me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment