8/11/09

the end of summer..

So, today was the first day of my senior year! Woah, right?! This summer, I'll admit, has NOT been the best summer of my life. And I don't mean to undermine what this summer has meant to me, because it has meant SOOO MUCH! It was just, a lot of growing, a lot of stepping up, a lot of stretching me in my Faith.. Not exactly the most comfortable, fun thing in the world, and I think that's exactly what I'm learning. After that initial "Jesus high" wears off, it's not all fun & games. It's like, you have to find contentment in the fact that God is with you and not look to worldly comforts...even though they're SOOO comfortable.

CIY was in short - amazing! It was the best CIY I've ever been to. And not because of what it did for me, but because of what I saw it do to those around me. People that I didn't even know their last name were pouring out their hearts and describing of how they felt called to grow closer to Him through the week's sermon's and worship. I'd never seen anything like it. I'd never seen God's power quite like that. It was incredible to be a part of. I saw people move. And conveniently, that's the name of the conference, CIY MOVE. And don't even get me started about the relationships that formed over the course of the week! They were incredible too!! Friendships formed on God were created, and man, there's nothing more beautiful than that. It was so good to see our youth group connect on a way that I don't think I've ever seen. People were bold, and trusting, and courageous, and people moved. I'm so proud of what God did that week. And I, myself, and moved at the sight of it all. It was amazing.

Going into senior year is so crazy right now. I already feel that burning desire for college and something fresh and new and exciting.. but I know that God has me right where He wants me. I also just have this feeling that I'm in for a spiritual tenderizing this year. I just feel it! I know I got a good beating out of The Butcher himself last year, but I feel like I've got another one coming. I know I'm making light of my growth here, but for real, it hurts! Haha, like tenderizing ISN'T that far off of a verb from what I feel like God is doing to me!! But, I've just got to keep those heavenly eyes and know that once I get to heaven, I am gonna be one. good. HUNK OF MEAT! I'm praying for this year, and all God has in store for my youth group and I. It's going to be awesome. I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment