Okay, so I've never really been one of those people who are insecure with themselves. I have my fair share of insecurities, but that's a whole other blog post entirely.
I have had an amazing mother that's taught me that I'm important and being different is more than just okay, it's awesome! She has instilled a confidence in me that I can't even begin to appreciate. I've never doubted my self-worth. I've always felt comfortable in my own skin. I don't even know what it's like to doubt who I am. And that really is the best gift I've probably ever received. A mind-blowing confidence from my mom. Now, with that confidence comes pride, and that's another blog entry too! But, anyways, I have always been really proud of who I am. I'm content with how God made me! My personality, my looks, my quirks... Danielle means: God is my judge. And that's always how I've looked at things. Doesn't that name just fit me like a glove?! I mean, I don't worry about how others perceive me and my quirks, I just make sure that what I'm doing pleases my Creator. And that's the only thing that's important! I mean, of course I want to be liked and all, but I don't let people judge me. I mean, God is my judge, that's the best way I can put it :)
Now, if you follow me on twitter, or you've met me, or you know me at all, you'll know that I am something else. I've been described as weird, strange, different, crazy, kooky, funky, flamboyant, bizarre, even psycho. And I embrace it! I really do. I'm trying to think of examples.. Well, I smell my friends. Not always like..on purpose, but sometimes I do! My friends all have a distinct smell, and I notice it! I smell them, I treasure their scents! I just..do! I scream. When I get excited, I let people know it. It's just how I dooo. I do all sorts of crazy things to cheer up my friends. I'll make faces, act crazy, basically make a fool out of myself in public all to get a smile. I just love it! It's how God made me. Let's see how I can put this.. I comment on God's beautiful creations, and I ain't talking about landscapes. Boys are pretty! At least, some of them. And I'll say it out loud! Discuss it with my girls, you know. I mean, God made us to like the way boys look! And I doo.. most of the time. I don't get embarrassed easily. If I have an idea, I speak it! I make myself heard, even when it's not very flattering. Like.. let's see, I've had some pretty strange dreams that I don't hesitate to tell people about. Like the one where I marry Aladin or the dream about Wendy's (the restauraunt)..and COUNTLESS others. And I mean, sometimes I just voice my weird habbits. Like I have a lot of nosebleeds, it's my allergies. Or how I have a car named Gigi who is precious and I love her and I want to paint her with hearts and peace signs. Or how I really like the 70s era, especially the show The Partridge Family and I own the entire first season on DVD. I was always like this. Confident in what I liked, even if it was embarrassing. Like I remember walking into kindergarten and hearing the song "Let's tie Barney to a tree" about my dear, sweet Barney! I told them to stop and cried pretty hard about it later! Ohh, my.
I'm opinionated. I'm quirky. I have a big comfort zone, it takes a lot to embarrass me. I like it. God is my judge.
No comments:
Post a Comment