The thing that I think I've realized. The thing God pounded through my skull through this experience is how I'm made to serve others. I'm made to serve others. I feel like so much of this year I was searching for fulfillment. "Like last summer" or "Like it was in Panama". I finally found it again at camp. It's like..fulfillment finds YOU when you're not looking for IT. Fullfillment comes from service. Unselfseeking, pure, unselfish, innocent, honest service. So much of the time I would serve God to get other's praise or acknowledgement or my own! I love growing. I love growing and epiphanies and serving. I love God. Without God I am nothing. I can't wait to see what a whole week of camp will teach me!
6/25/09
camp counselor
The title says it all, I'm going to be a camp counselor this summer! I blogged about it last winter, a couple blogs ago.. about my ambition to be one. But, I can't even describe how I feel about it. I'm so beyond excited that a thousand exclamation points couldn't even express it. So, I'm not going to jazz up my font..even though I kind of want to. I'm just so at peace about it. It's that feeling you get when you know you're doing God's Will.
Anyways, so I went in for training..it's called CIT: Counselor In Training, I have to do this because I'm under 18.. and it was basically a 24 hour period of hanging out with some kids down at the camp, Camp Allendale. It was so perfect! And it was all in God's timing. I helped out with the 3rd and 4th grade girls. They were the sweetest things! It was almost torturous knowing that I had to leave them in the short period of 24 hours. I had so much fun. It brought me such joy. I don't even know how to describe it. I just knew it was God's Will for me, and it all worked out for the best! Anyways, I get to do that for a whole week coming up! July 5th-10th. I'm beyond excited. The training really helped to remind me what camp was like.. it helped me to remember what I would need to pack and it helped remind me what 3rd and 4th graders were like. And I think I'm ready too.
The thing that I think I've realized. The thing God pounded through my skull through this experience is how I'm made to serve others. I'm made to serve others. I feel like so much of this year I was searching for fulfillment. "Like last summer" or "Like it was in Panama". I finally found it again at camp. It's like..fulfillment finds YOU when you're not looking for IT. Fullfillment comes from service. Unselfseeking, pure, unselfish, innocent, honest service. So much of the time I would serve God to get other's praise or acknowledgement or my own! I love growing. I love growing and epiphanies and serving. I love God. Without God I am nothing. I can't wait to see what a whole week of camp will teach me!
The thing that I think I've realized. The thing God pounded through my skull through this experience is how I'm made to serve others. I'm made to serve others. I feel like so much of this year I was searching for fulfillment. "Like last summer" or "Like it was in Panama". I finally found it again at camp. It's like..fulfillment finds YOU when you're not looking for IT. Fullfillment comes from service. Unselfseeking, pure, unselfish, innocent, honest service. So much of the time I would serve God to get other's praise or acknowledgement or my own! I love growing. I love growing and epiphanies and serving. I love God. Without God I am nothing. I can't wait to see what a whole week of camp will teach me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment