6/15/09

heart-changing music

So, the new hillsong united album is INCREDIBLE. I haven't listened to a single song that I haven't liked. I highly recommend it. [a_CROSS//the_EARTH] :Tear Down The Walls is what's it's called.

Anyways, I was listening to it as I mowed the lawn today and I seriously had like a breakthrough. I haven't had worship that good in a long time. God is so good. God is so, so good. Almost every song I heard was the cry of my heart. I don't know how, but I just forgot how much I love Him. I forgot how much he loves me. I have been way too busy lately. I definitely haven't taken enough time apart for God. It's crazy how caught up you can get in serving so that you forget who you're serving in the first place! Well..you don't necessarily forget.. you just forget why He is so worthy of service! That's what I mean.

And I would just like to say, I am such a sinner. And it felt really good to feel God forgive me for all of the junk in my life. I complain all the time about my frustrations and annoyances and precalculus. I am so much more of a frustration to God and He forgives me without a single complaint. Such love. Such love. I want to be more like that. I want to serve a God who does that.


and You open the door for me
and You lay down Your life to set me free
all that I am will serve You, Lord
and you open my eyes to see
all the wonder in all of Christ in me
Jesus, You're everything I need
-"Oh You Bring" by Hillsong United

No comments:

Post a Comment