5/27/09

the kiss of death

As many of you know from my MUCH too frequent complaints, I hate precalculus. Hate is a strong word, but I'm pretty sure it's the only word that truly can match the fiery passion I feel AGAINST that class. Ugh! I'm terrible at it. I don't understand a thing! I've never felt this way! (Haha, sorry, but if you read the past two sentences it sounds like I'm falling "in like" with someone or something, and it made me laugh..HAAAH) But, yeah! I've never felt this way about any other class in my life. This class is INTOLERABLE. I hate it. Did I say that already? I know you're not suppose to say "hate" because it's like a synonym of murder and all, but HECK, I'd murder precal! I'd do it any day! It's pointless. Whoever thought up such complex stuff with numbers had way too much time on their hands. AAAnd, I'll never use it! Never! I want to help poor starving people around the world..! It's not like they'll want to hear about standard deviation, outliers, the binomial theorem, combinatories, eccentricity, theta, parameter equations.. They'll want food and water and Jesus!

Ugh, so anyways, today I spent seven hours cramming for the precal final. I spent at least 3 of them in the library all by myself. It was terrible. I was sitting alone in a booth muttering numbers and theorems and formulas and f(x) inverses and I felt like some kind of a druggie, sitting there, rocking over my calculator, all by myself whispering the numbers echoing around in my mind!!! Then, I had some friends come by and study with me, and I have to admit, that helped. By the end I even felt...confident? Yeah, I have never used the word confident to descrive how I felt about precal, EVER.

I've heard this final is pretty hard. And so far, I've heard that no one who's taken it has actually finished the test. I've got to get at least a 70% or above to maintain my barely decent grade, a C. So, wish me luck. This is my last math class of high school, so after I finish this final, I'll be set! =]

I've just got to get a 70%! I've got this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment