This past weekend I've been crazy busy. This past week I was crazy busy. Tonight was the first night I got to chill out at home. It was nice. Here's what's going on:
1. I'm enjoying creative writing lately! I'm working on this cute little love story for it and I'm so excited. It's turning out really well, and I'm having so much fun writing it.
2. Serving. I'm all about the serving. And I love it so much! It's just so hard when there's so many other things that are seriously required out of me on top of my desire to do nothing but serve. So...when I actually do nothing but serve (like this past weekend) I end up in trouble with a couple lectures about my priorities.
3. Pretty soon, I'm going to start making money! And actually, it's already kind of began. I have a couple babysitting jobs lined up for the next couple weeks and after that I plan on starting to work at L&M this summer. Then, my kind, dear friend has a job opportunity for me that I'm praying will work itself out. It's such a blessing to feel my finances starting to fall in to place.
4. THIS WARM WEATHER! It's so warm! And nice! And lovely! I've been driving with the windows DOWN. Haha, that's something, right?
5. I have a big US history ACP project due next monday. It's been assigned for a couple weeks and I haven't started yet.. oops. I'm going to be BUSY this week. Not to mention the fact that I put it off all of today.
Now, as for spiritually, I know I tend to say this every blog, but I feel like I'm in a funk. First of all, I feel really good with my personal quiet time and that I'm getting better. I know there's room for improvement though, there always is and always will be. But besides that, on the whole spiritual-friend-helping thing, my growth there is dead. I honestly see two different sides of my youth group in church and in school. And I even see it in myself too. But I can say that I try my best to be as Godly in God's presence as in my school. Maybe everyone else is too? But, I was talking to one of my real good friends about this today. About how if there's no one encouraging you and helping to pull you up, helping you draw closer to God. That's a HUGE part of a Christian's relationship with Christ. I am so ready to grow. And I just wish I could live it EVEN MORE and have the people around me in life who call themselves followers of Christ live it EVEN MORE. You know what I mean? Ughh, disappointment. I'll just keep praying and seeking wholeheartedly after Him.
But another thing that God has really made clear to me since I've last blogged about my walk is just how I'm meant to be set apart. I'm truly meant to be! It's okay to feel alone. All leaders are alone in a way. That's how God made it to be. And even though I don't really get it fully, it's clear that I'm where I'm suppose to be in that area. If I had a super-close, phone-call every second, bffl person(people) then where would my focus lie? And I mean, I know that. I've known that. But, I just don't think it through like I should. I don't think I've ever had God clearly tell me that I'm suppose to feel
So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
Romans 12:1-2 (the message)
I did a search on facebook, through all my friends on all the religions that weren't Christian and only found like 10, 20 people. Out of my 700 some friends. Practically my entire school. How much of a struggle is that! I go to a school full of Christians that drink, cuss, have sex..they act like people of the world. I'm pretty sure I go to a youth group like that too. And it's just hard to think that (next year especially) I'll feel like the only one that's 100% seeking after God. I only relate to the adults anymore. God, please open my eyes to the people around me that are for real about you. Please help me to see the good in them and the bad in me. God don't let my attitude be like the one that picks out the splinters in others eyes and not the plank in my own. Help this be a holy frustration, because I'm still not even sure it is. God mature our youth group like I feel you've matured me.
Romans 12:1-2 (the message)
I did a search on facebook, through all my friends on all the religions that weren't Christian and only found like 10, 20 people. Out of my 700 some friends. Practically my entire school. How much of a struggle is that! I go to a school full of Christians that drink, cuss, have sex..they act like people of the world. I'm pretty sure I go to a youth group like that too. And it's just hard to think that (next year especially) I'll feel like the only one that's 100% seeking after God. I only relate to the adults anymore. God, please open my eyes to the people around me that are for real about you. Please help me to see the good in them and the bad in me. God don't let my attitude be like the one that picks out the splinters in others eyes and not the plank in my own. Help this be a holy frustration, because I'm still not even sure it is. God mature our youth group like I feel you've matured me.
Later blogggg readers. God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment