2/26/09

rap, yo!

Okay, I have to admit, I used to not like rap. It just didn't phase me. But, more recently, I've become accustomed to it, acquainted with it, and eventually I've grown to like it! It depends upon what rap it is, and who it's by, but I can tolerate all rap! It's insane. Some rap, I even seriously have a FETISH with. Aaaand, I have to be in the mood for it, you know? Like if I'm mad, I'll go to rap.. (or screamo). If I feel like a rebel, I'll go to rap! If I'm excited, I'll go to rap. If I'm hyper, I'll go to rap. And, anyways, it just ticks me off when people say that rap isn't music. It totally is! And here's ten good reasons why:
1. Rappers are musicians, they write what most people call "songs", and who writes songs? musicians.
2. What do musicians make? music!
3. Rap is under the category of music on itunes.
4. It has a rythm, words, voice, lyrics; who declared that melody was required?!
5. It rhymes, come on, you can't go wrong with rhyming
6. Most rap has some artistic quality to it, like the rapper has a point he portrays..
7. Music is art, and art is subjective.
8. There's even a tune to most rap..!
9. Rap takes talent, not everyone can just write/preform a rap song!!
10. Definition of music: an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.
Hah! Rap is music. Build a bridge and get over it!! (Now cheerleading being a sport on the other hand...not so much..HAHAHAHA)

And, if you're a little conservative or you just don't like the rap you've heard, here's ten good reasons why you should check it out:
1. Rap is cool! Seriously, people against it are just in denial.
2. It can help your speech become FLYYY
3. Rap may be culturally different, but trying new things is a good thing!
4. That way when you hang with highschoolers you'll be familiar with a thing or two about their favorite songs!
5. You may actually end up liking it!
But, if you're up to give it another chance, maybe you should start with a few guided selections. I would suggest Lil Wayne, 2Pac, Eminem, Pitbull, T.I, Dr. Dre, Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz, MIMS, Soulja Boy, Bubba Sparxxx, Jay-Z, Missy Elliot, Flo Rida....ect.

I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment