So, this weekend was A LOT to take in. I don't think I've ever felt as rejuvinated and refreshed in my relationship with Christ. I just feel so comforted and at peace and ready. It's not been like other conferences where I've been literally set on fire, screaming "I LOVE JESUS" out windows and the whole shabang. But, the last night, he shared a message that really hit me.
He said that this is what we needed to have to continue abiding in Christ and producing fruit for Him:
1. a holy frustration - check! I thought it was a bad thing when I would get frustrated! I thought it was sinful or something, so I'm forrrrr sure encouraged by the thought of God wanting us to be frustrated. He wants us to be frustrated with people around us who we feel are falling in their faith. He wants us to be frustrated with our imperfections. And I must admit, I'm frustrated with those things daily.
2. a faith-filled optimism - I for sure don't have this all the time, but I think I'm pretty good at this one! Today I tried to smile at everyone and have a good attitude about everything. I tried to have a good attitude about even the opportunites where I messed up thinking I'd get them next time =]
3. obedience - This is what I really am excited to work on! I'm going to have better quiet time, a better prayer life, and I'm going to respond more to the Holy Spirit's prompting! I'm going to seek God more in everything I do.
What really struck me this week, besides the lesson, was God's presence. I truly felt Him. I forgot how good He felt. I forgot the joy he provided when I followed Him. I felt His love. I remembered how big and amazing His love really was! I'm ashamed to say I forgot, but I did. But, I remember. And I vow to never let myself forget again. God is amazing. His plans for us are huge! His love for us is huge! He provides so many people to love on us, and He never ever fails! Ahh, I'm in love! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment