1/19/09

out with the old

in with the new?

So, not-so-funny story. Last night, I was working on my silly little blog. I was trying to update it and such. Let me make it known, THIS TYPE OF BLOG IS CONNECTED WITH A GOOGLE ACCOUNT AND IF YOU DELETE YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT, YOU DELETE YOUR BLOG. Yeah, stupid lesson learned. Anyways, I deleted the google account thinking What's this? Why do I have one of these. There's no need... delete. And I woke up this morning to check my blog and...it...was...gone. So, at first I laughed. Thought to myself that my internet was screwed up or something. Then, I began to panic. I clicked on every possible link that I hoped and prayed might lead me to my blog. Then, came the anger. I typed out many twitter updates and facebook statuses of desperation. And then finally, came the tears. I ended up bawling a good deal over my long lost friend.

Nonetheless, "higher and higher to you" is dead and gone and "higher and higher and higher" has been born.

I thought about making up a new clever name, but then I couldn't think of one that quite rang true like my passed away beloved. The name comes from a worship song:

Lord I want more of you
Holy Spirit rain down on me
Lord I need more of you
Living breath of life come fill me up

We are hungry
We are hungry
We are hungry for more of You
We are thirsty, oh Jesus
We are thirsty for more of You

We lift our holy hands up
We want to touch You
We lift our voices higher and higher and higher to You

That is the cry of my heart as a Christian and follower of God. That I may strive to reach higher and higher toward Him. In this blog, I want to grow. I want to look over my previous entries and see a definite progression in my relationship with Christ. I also hope to entertain you with everything that I think is hilarious. And I'll throw in my opinions and voice on the recent topics of discussion. Hopefully through this blog I can better your life, my life, and most importantly His Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment