WHAAAAAAATTTTTTT?
So, I finished up student teaching at a school down in the city of Indianapolis, Lawrence North. It was really great experience. And it helped me determine how I liked teaching in a rural versus urban community. Truth is: I like them both, a lot. Then I went back up to Warsaw for a final, two week, intensive class. After that I graduated from college. I feel like that's way too casual of a sentence. I GRADUATED from COLLEGE. I remember driving back home feeling so surreal. I was a college graduate and nothing had really changed... I didn't feel any smarter or anything. Next couple of weeks in May I spent sending out a billion job applications, hanging out with friends, and preparing to go to camp. That's right folks, I spent alllllllll summer as a special needs counselor at a summer camp in southern Indiana. I left the last week of May for training and learned a lot of things and met a lot of really awesome people. Throughout the course of training I got calls for a billion job interviews. I went to a few, got offered a job, thought it through, and accepted. I'll be teaching Spanish II and III in a small high school a ways north from my hometown! With a job secured for the fall, I was able to devote all my time and attention to the matter at hand: camp counselin'. It was a blast. 6 weeks of pure exhaustion/joy/dedication/loving kids/discipling them/teamwork/serving God. It was one of the most spiritually rejuvenating things I've ever done and I recommend it to anyone college-aged. I came back from that in late July and I've been prepping for this fall to teach ever since! Oh, and I got nasty sick last week so that's put a bit of a hold up on the prepping. I start orientation tomorrow, and I feel excited and terrified and out of breath and and and

No comments:
Post a Comment