10/14/12

Puerto Madrynnnn

So, with my mom I got to travel to the north of Argentina to see Iguazu falls, one of the seven natural wonders of the world. I traveled west to Mendoza, wine country. To the east is the Atlantic. And so, that left me with the south. DID YOU KNOW Argentina is the country closest to antartica? Going south means going towards the coooold! Weird to think about being south of the equator, right? (We're well into spring now btw.... all of you gringos suffering in the cooold JAJA!) "Coolest city" in the south of Argentina? Easily Puerto Madryn.

I traveled with another from my college 20 hours south by bus to a quaint city snuggled in a valley by the sea. Wow does that even make sense? I feel like my english has gotten so much worse as my spanish mejora;) BUT anywayz, we left thursday after class and got there friday in the afternoon. (I love no-class-fridays no sabess tanto!) That night we did a bit of city exploring, ate yummy fish and chips, and went to bed early cause bus-sleep is never very satisfying haha. Saturday we went on an excursion through Peninsula Valdes! It's basically a giant nature reserve with PENGUINS, guanacos, sheep, rheas, foxes, PENGUINS, sea lions, elefant seals, fur seals, PENGUINS, and best of all (besides the PENGUINS) is in the bays surrounding the peninsula reside the right whales (castellano: ballena franca) when they give birth. DID YOU KNOW that whales are my favorite animal?? We went all around in a little bus seeing them all! Best part? The boat ride where we got SO CLOSE to the whales! The excursion lasted from 8am-5pm-ish. We got back and I went and checked out a museum a couple blocks away. For dinner we went and ate delish fresh seafood:) I ate "langostinas" aka prawn. uggggh que mortalll, eran riquisimos! The next day was more tranqui(chill). We woke up early to see a beach sunrise. Took our time in the morning. Had a pizza playa(beach) picnic. Walked like a good 4 miles up the beach. (OMGGG HOW I LOVE THE BEACH) I checked out the Ecocentro, another museum that told all about the wildlife in the area. We did a little homework, and left that night for Buenos Aires. It was a great rest from the hustle and bustle of the most crowded city EVER... haha sometimes it really feels like that... But really, it was great. Got to see some of my favorite animals, upclose & wild, spent time at the beach, aaaand descansé! <3> RE LINDO









No comments:

Post a Comment