It's a new year! 2012 is shaping up to be fantastic thus far.
Welp, I rang in new year sitting on my couch eating junk food and watching LMFAO shufflin'. It had been a relatively uneventful break... for me. I had a few sleepovers here and there. Several coffee dates. But most of it had been spent tumbling, reading, netflixing, facebooking, pinteresting, etc. Last thursday, that all changed.
I began my 72 hours of nonstop adventure by hanging out with two of my oldest bros. We didn't do anything too noteworthy. Hit up taco bell and goodwill. BUT, these two always have me laughing and bantering incessantly, so it was a blast. We had some excitement at the end when we had an almost-adventure, but that didn't end up working out. THEN, I ended up spending that night with one of my favoriteee friends and we watched 2 twilights and got to thoroughly catch up :). The next day I went with her to pick up her roommate from the airport and it turns out, those two were going to a little get together with their college friends. I knew most of the people that were going to be at the party, but I wasn't invited because I don't actually go to their college and hang out with them all the time. Wished I could go though. That's when I was kidnapped (against my will.. but not really because I did want to go) to go to this party to hang out with a bunch of really cool people all night. It was AWESOME. We played games, chilled, and laughed hardcore. Like, I laughed so much my asthma acted up and my abs hurt. THAT'S when you know it's a good night, haha. I spent the night with them, had breakfast with them the next morning, and then entered into my third straight day of activities. I went to a luncheon with my high school friends at panera. Then to a birthday/going away party for a dear friend. Then I spent the night with one of my besties - watching twilight, laughing intensely, talking forever, catching up, making milkshakes, and talking some more. That next morning I went to my home church. I've been going to a different church a lot lately because my mom goes there & because my home church has changed a lot, it's weird sometimes going back there. But that morning was perfect. It was just like I remembered it. My high school pastor preached in the main service, I saw SO many faces I knew and got to update on my life, it was nostalgia at its best. Then I went out to eat with my family and told them all about my adventures and finally I went home and crashed.
Long story short: it was the most memorable, continuous, delightful 72 hours of my lifee. Sure, at the end I was physically dragging, but emotionally/mentally/socially I was THRIVING. I am an extrovert to the core, no doubt about it. I'm so grateful for that adventure. It may not sound like much typing it all out, but it was elating, and I was in need of a little pick-me-up. It was even more than I could've hoped for. God has truly blessed me with amazing people and experiences in my life.
So, I'm headed back to college either tomorrow or the next day and I've got quite a few little things to take care of before then. I love you hometown. You've been good to me this break. NOW, PEACE OUT & TIME TO GO BACK TO GC. Excited to get back, see my college friends, & get back to the bump & grind.
No comments:
Post a Comment