Okay, so I go to Grace College, right? Great school, great values, great people, great classes... but a blast is not a descriptor I would use. Also, I miss my friends from high school. Big time. Last year I went on a visit to Purdue around this time as well, it was JUST AS AWESOME. So awesome in fact, that I seriously questioned my decision to go to Grace College. I remember telling a lot of my friends "I had more fun that weekend than I have in my entire Grace College experience!" Yikes! That is not good. Or is it?
This time around, I was SO looking forward to it, like counting down the dayss. I went, had a weekend that will go down in history, and on my drive back instead of feeling sad because Grace isn't as fun/missing my friends I was just overwhelmed with this feeling of contentment. I thought about it, and I don't know if I would be as close to God if I went there. In fact, I can pretty certainly say I wouldn't be. I would be wrapped up in all my friends and the adventures we have. Which isn't a bad thing; God created us to fellowship and enjoy life together! But it's really a weakness for me. I can turn doing-fun-things-with-people-I-love into idolatry so easily. At Grace I've really struggled. I've struggled with religion, I've struggled with people, I've struggled with discipline, I've struggled with being still, I've struggled with maturing. I could just finally see so clearly how God was working in me where He's called me. Yeah, I know I'm growing but it was really cool to take a step away and reflect on where I'm at. And I'm freaking blessed, because so many of my bffs all go to the same state school and it's easy to visit them and have incredible weekends. The best of both worlds.
So, yeah, I'll probably be drowning in my frustrations here again real soon. That's okay. Sanctification is suppose to suck. But I'm just grateful for the renewal God did in my life and the opening of my eyes to His plan for me right now. But I am gonna work on having a better attitude... because MAN have I been a whiner lately (see previous blog)!
Here's a picture from the barn dance! (:
OH YEAH & CAN I JUST SAY I LOVE RACHAEL? AND EDEN? AND SETH AND LUKE AND ALL THOSE OTHER FINE PEOPLE I'VE MET AT PURDUE

No comments:
Post a Comment