Love isn't comfortable.
It's not easy.
Love isn't always fun.
Love is real.
It can't be faked.
Love isn't just "being nice".
Love isn't about me.
Love is selfless.
It's a choice.
Love isn't a feeling.
Love should be unconditional,
without expectations,
without limits,
should always persevere,
intend for good,
pursue.
Love does what it should.
God is Love.
Love is perfection.
Love is a picture of being relationally perfect.
God loves us perfectly.
God loves everyone.
Perfectly.
And you know, I'm not capable of love. I'm not capable of perfection. But I'm not called to perfection, I'm called to the pursuit of perfection. I will pursue love, unswervingly. I will pursue a mindset without expectations. I will pursue vulnerability. I will pursue self-sacrifice and getting out of my comfort zone to the benefit of others. Not to be nice, but to show them God's love. Also, I will make sure my needs are met so I can love wholeheartedly. I'm just tired of the world's picture of love or even the worldly perspective of Christian-love. It's not about Christians, it's about God. He is Love. We are not. We pursue Him and the effect of that is Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment