So, I'm taking this class called Essential Doctrinal Themes. Oh buddy. I thought my Exploring the Bible class was good (the first bible class I've ever taken). This class is good stuff.
Now, we kind of have a love/hate relationship because this class is a LOT of work. We have this workbook called "Decide For Yourself" and it is just a great tool to really dig deep into what different views of God are, including your own and why. The name of the class speaks for itself. Doctrines. So as excited as I was for another bible class, I was a little skeptical going into it. I feel really passionately about the wonder of following Christ and I don't want my relationship with Him to just become all about research and logic. But this book and class and my professor all really do a great job of looking at why logically and wonderously. We'll get into these really complicated discussions and the Prof will just stop and admit "And we're never going to understand completely until we get to heaven". And to that I think Amen, Prof! Some of this stuff is just so detailed and speculative, I don't wanna try to understand completely because I want just be faithful through them. We were talking in one of my other classes about the spectrum between being "mystical" and "logical". If we're too much one or the other, it's just not right, ya know? So I'm real impressed with the embracing of the wonder of it all on this campus. I mean, it's not perfect, and often times I feel like it leans rather to the logic and proof of it all, but I am just so proud to go to a school where the administration really seeks God. I WISH I COULD FULLY EXPRESS WHAT I MEAN IN THAT LAST SENTENCE. I am encouraged and convicted and growing daily just looking at the wise, Godly, revering men and women that lead my school. Professors and administrators and RDs alike. But, anyways, back to EDT! It's just laying out all the beliefs so clearly and even challenging them. I am learning so much! So much! It's so much work and every week I kind of dread my 5-10 hours of homework, but I'm so thrilled that it's something that actually matters. I have no problem admitting my beef with math, lit, science, history.. are those really like necessary? One day I'm gonna die and go to heaven and God's not gonna ask about the imagery in Shakespeare or if I can find the use the quadratic theorum to figure what "b" is. But He sure could ask me why I believed suchandsuch doctrine because it didn't follow what Scripture teaches. This class is salvational. Haha, salvational is not a word, but you know what I mean. Anyways, I should get back to doing that homework. I just really wanted to record some of these thoughts and ideas while they were bouncing around in my brain. AND HEY, maybe now that they're out I can concentrate on why 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 supports how God is providential over the good acts of men. (;
Love yall, yes I doooooo
No comments:
Post a Comment