On the other hand, I am not the best at keeping myself from judging others. I believe there's a really thin line between thinking something that's obviously true about someone -even if it's bad- and actually judging them. Right now, I'm having a really hard time keeping a positive attitude with the people around me who just seem to be flailing around in their life. Like, I feel like they don't give 100%. I'm not saying I give 100% either, but ahh I don't know. It's wrong of me to be worrying about them and their efforts with God and serving. And I need to stop it!
Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.I for sure need to plaster that verse to my forehead for a little while. Then maybe I'll get the right idea forced into my brain. I know that I should still pray for those people I have concerns for. And while I'm trying to find exactly what God's Will is with how I hurt/am bitter for my fellow believers, I need to pray for me! For me to find that line, and that God will define it for me.Matthew 5:7
Another thing that's convicted my heart recently in this little self-evaluation was Jon Foreman. A Mirror is Harder to Hold:
Please don't go, please don't leave me alone
A mirror's so much harder to hold
I could try and point the finger
But the glass points in my direction
Sure you've got your sharp edges
But my wounds are from my own reflection
You've got nothing I could ever hold against you
I got fatal flaws to call my own
No comments:
Post a Comment